Since our Bank was founded in 1845, we have been continually adapting and updating our range of services in response to customers’ changing needs. Now, 175 years later, we are still working hand-in-hand with Vaud residents and businesses to help them build a brighter future.
BCV celebrates its 175th anniversary.
BCV expands its digital offering. Customers can open an account and apply for, renew, or transfer a mortgage online, as well as speak with an advisor via videoconferencing.
BCV signs a non-prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice as part of the USA/Switzerland tax program.
BCV's main lobby at Place St-François in Lausanne gets a makeover with a modern look and feel – reflecting our positioning as a bank for the 21st century.
BCV subsidiary Banque Piguet & Cie SA merges with Banque Franck Galland & Cie SA in the first half of the year to create Banque Piguet Galland & Cie SA.
BCV repurchases the final tranche of the participation-certificate capital issued in 2003, reducing the Cantonal Government's stake to 67%.
BCV divides its operations into nine regional divisions in order to strengthen ties with customers.
BCV experiences significant losses and a sharp reduction in its capital. The Vaud Cantonal Government steps in to shore up the Bank through two recapitalizations; its stake in BCV rises from 50.1% to 84%.
The Bank expands into new business lines, including investment banking, international private banking and trading.
BCV merges with Crédit Foncier Vaudois, which two years earlier had merged with Caisse d’Épargne et de Crédit.
BCV’s Administrative Center opens in the spring. It houses the Bank's IT and admin functions, the training center for cantonal banks in French- and Italian-speaking Switzerland and the Bank’s trading room – one of the largest in French-speaking Switzerland.
BCV acquires Banque Vaudoise de Crédit.
BCV introduces a decentralized organizational structure with regional headquarters to oversee the offices and branches of each region (the Renens regional headquarters is shown).
BCV has 43 branch offices.
The Bank's admin departments move into the Beau-Séjour extension on the south side of the main building.
The end of the Second World War marks the start of a phase of rapid growth at BCV. The Bank has 27 branches spread over the canton and begins building an extension on its main building.
BCV takes over several regional banks in liquidation and expands its footprint in Vaud.
BCV opens a new head office at 14 Place St-François in Lausanne.
A mere seven years after its founding, BCV moves into a stately building at 25 Rue Saint-Pierre. This time the Bank decides to buy the property rather than to rent it.
BCV opens its doors on 21 July and is led by Adolphe Burnand until 1852. The Bank leases office space at 13 Rue Saint-Pierre in Lausanne, paying CHF 110 francs per month in rent.
In the midst of tough economic conditions, the people of Vaud petition the Cantonal Parliament to create a canton-level banking institution: BCV is born.