BCV is one of Switzerland’s biggest banks and has been the go-to bank for people in Vaud Canton since it was founded in 1845. Over this time, we have built close ties with local residents and businesses, thanks to our 2,000 employees across nearly 70 branches. And our solid balance sheet has earned us a AA rating from Standard & Poor’s.
Are you new to Vaud Canton?
We realize moving to a new country isn't easy. That’s why we aim to give an extra helping hand to expats coming into Switzerland. We’ll be with you each step of the way to help you get set up and address all your financial and banking needs.
Welcome to BCV!
Now that you've chosen to live and work in Vaud Canton, you'll want a bank that can make managing your money as easy as possible. That way you can concentrate on the other challenges inherent in relocating.
Wherever you are in Vaud, one of our branches is nearby if you want to speak with an advisor – and you're never more than a couple clicks away from:
- Quick and easy banking services tailored to your needs;
- More information about how payments, retirement, mortgages, and many more aspects of personal finance work in Switzerland;
- An overview of Vaud-specific rules and regulations, such as for taxes and estate planning; and
- Expert advice and answers to all your financial questions.
Our Welcome to Vaud Canton brochure gives you all the practical information you need to take your first steps in getting settled into the Canton. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to call our multilingual Customer Service Center.
Welcome to Vaud Canton (1.5 MB)
Once you choose BCV, it’s easy to open an account at your local branch. Simply bring the following documents:
- Valid passport or ID
- Residence permit (or employment contract if you don’t have a permit yet)
- Statement of residence issued by your commune’s registration office (contrôle des habitants)
- Lease and security deposit, if you wish to open a rent guarantee account