- Discount at issue
- Potential return higher than that offered by the money market
- Short lifespan
- No brokerage fee, stamp duty or admin commission to pay
- Custom product
- Securitisable product
- Guaranteed coupon (or discount)
- Advice and monitoring provided by our Forex team
- Possibility of investment being converted into another currency at a better rate than the spot rate at issue
Strategy can be adjusted at each maturity date
At maturity, our team contacts you in order to:
- inform you about the redemption situation
- suggest a replacement product
You are holding CHF and want the best return on your cash. In return, you accept the risk that your original investment may be converted into EUR.
Investments in CHF (EUR/CHF)
Final measurement date
EUR/CHF Product with CHF as the investment currency
EUR/CHF Product with EUR as the investment currency
A moderate-risk product
- On average, 8 out of 10 products are redeemed in their original currency.
- The original investment may be converted at a less favourable exchange rate than the spot rate at maturity.
- The replacement currency may go down in value.
Specific tax status
Swiss withholding tax is not applied if the product's maturity is less than one year. Gains on Dual Currency Certificates are regarded as capital gains. They do not currently constitute taxable income in Switzerland for individuals whose tax domicile is in Switzerland and who hold these instruments as part of their private assets.
European Union withholding tax
Dual Currency Certificates are not subject to the EU withholding tax.