What should you do to get ready?
If you pay bills in BCV-net
Scan the QR code in BCV-net, for example with a dedicated QR code reader. Then simply enter any additional payment information, if needed, and your bill is ready to be paid.
Alternatively, you can manually enter the payment data that appear on the QR bill:
- the IBAN (21 characters)
- the beneficiary's name and address
- the reference number, if provided
- the payment amount
- any additional information provided (i.e., message to beneficiary)
Make sure that you enter and save the IBAN as shown on the QR bill. You should no longer use the previous account number saved in BCV-net.
If you make payments in BCV-net
- Simply use the new QR billing screens.
If you scan bills in BCV Mobile
- Scan the QR code on the bill using the app’s scan feature and confirm your payment.
- You don’t need to do anything – this payment method won’t change. When you confirm an invoice, eBill automatically uses the payment data sent by the invoice issuer.
If you use bill payment software
- Your software needs to be up to date in order to process the payment details contained in QR bills. Please contact your software provider for more information about these updates. SIX has published a list of software partners that support QR billing.
- Make sure that your accounts are reconciled correctly and, where possible, start saving your creditors’ addresses in a standardized format, with separate fields for the street name and number, postcode, city, and country.
If you scan bills using an optical reader
- Replace your optical reader with a device that can read QR codes as well as the reference line on the current payment slips.
If you use paper payment orders
If you mail your invoice payments to BCV, you can also pay your QR bills this way. Simply detach the payment section of the bill and attach it to your payment order.
If you use standing orders
As soon as you receive a new QR bill from a beneficiary saved in a standing order or a payment group, you must delete your current payment order and create a new one based on the data shown on the QR bill. Otherwise, your payment may not be executed.