Sustainability: the heart of our mission as Vaud’s cantonal bank
As part of our mission as a cantonal bank, we aim to maintain our position as the bank of choice for the people and businesses of Vaud Canton and as a key player in the Swiss banking sector. As such, we are committed to working for the sustainable development of society.
Between now and 2025, we aim to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by:
- proactively offering our customers a wide range of sustainable investment solutions in line with market best practices;
- playing a major role in financing the energy transition in Vaud Canton;
- committing to preserve the environment and continue reducing the environmental footprint of our operations;
- playing an active role in the community and, as a benchmark employer, fostering diversity and equal opportunity.
Find out more:
What’s new with our digital banking services
- BCV-net is getting an upgrade! We’ve streamlined the Payments section of our online banking platform.
- Watch the video to find out more (in French only).
- For an in-depth tour of the updated pages, head to our demo site for BCV-net by clicking on the link below.
2021 Sustainability Report
Our Sustainability Report details how we have embedded sustainable development into our Bank’s activities and offers a broad, transparent view of what we are doing to fulfill our commitments. It has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards, the worldwide reference for reporting on sustainable development issues.
Partners and certifications
In 2020, BCV entered into a long-term strategic partnership with Ethos, which specializes in socially responsible investing (SRI), in order to offer sustainable investment products. Over the next few years, BCV and Ethos will work together closely to create a new center of expertise in sustainable finance in Switzerland.
BCV signed the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), which seek to promote a sustainable financial system. The UNPRI are the most comprehensive and widely recognized standards for responsible investment.
BCV is a member of Swiss Sustainable Finance (SSF), which aims to strengthen Switzerland’s position as a hub for sustainable finance by raising awareness, providing training, an encouraging a forward-thinking approach to growth.
In 2011, BCV began participating in the annual CDP Global survey, which collects data on companies’ greenhouse gas emissions to incentivize them to reduce their carbon footprint. Our score has improved considerably over the years, and in 2020 we earned an A- grade – putting us in the leadership category.
BCV commissions Swiss Climate to measure the Bank’s carbon footprint using the methodology set out in ISO 14064-1 and in the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard. We also work with Swiss Climate to shrink our carbon footprint and use resources more efficiently across our operations.
This label is awarded to businesses with a climate policy that includes reducing and offsetting greenhouse gas emissions. The certification program sets a high benchmark for verifiability and transparency because it includes independent audits and adheres to international standards (ISO 14064-1 and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol).