In 2006, BCV became the first bank in Switzerland to launch a training program intended first and foremost for women. With this initiative, we aim to encourage talented, motivated individuals who have taken a break in their career – or who simply want to move in a different direction professionally – to seek a position in the banking industry.
Participants are paid a salary while they complete this one-year program that combines classwork with hands-on experience. Here are some of the highlights:
- You receive a one-month introduction to the Swiss banking industry, regardless of the field you choose. This introduction, designed in partnership with the CYP training institute, is geared specifically towards people re-entering the workforce. There will be tests throughout the month to evaluate what you have learned.
- The training program is customized to the banking business line you wish to work in.
- You prepare for and obtain the certifications you will need to work in your desired profession.
- You attend presentations on BCV’s business lines (depending on the career path you choose).
- BCV internships are offered in various Bank departments (depending on the career path you choose).
- HR tracks your progress and you benefit from personalized management.
- You work with our experienced teams on real situations every day to become productive and autonomous as quickly as possible.
Through Rejoignez-nous, you can specialize in a particular area of banking while also gaining a comprehensive overview of BCV and its activities. It’s your springboard into the world of banking and an opportunity to create your own professional network.
Thus far, we have offered around 10 banking professions, and Rejoignez-nous graduates now occupy some 20 different positions across 15 departments.
The Rejoignez-nous initiative has also helped increase the number of women in management positions. For example, today women make up more than 50% of client advisors and nearly 40% of branch managers.