From 2000 to today
BCV signs a non-prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice as part of the USA/Switzerland tax program.
BCV's main lobby at Place St-François in Lausanne gets a makeover with a modern look and feel – reflecting our positioning as a bank for the 21st century.
BCV subsidiary Banque Piguet & Cie SA merges with Banque Franck Galland & Cie SA in the first half of the year to create Banque Piguet Galland & Cie SA.
BCV repurchases the final tranche of the participation-certificate capital issued in 2003, reducing the Cantonal Government's stake to 67%.
The Bank divides its operations into nine regional divisions in order to strengthen ties with customers.
2001 to 2002
BCV experiences significant losses and a sharp reduction in its capital. The Vaud Cantonal Government steps in to shore up the Bank through two recapitalizations; its stake in BCV rises from 50.1% to 84%.
From 1945 to 2000
1996 to 2000
The Bank expands into new business lines, including investment banking, international private banking and trading.
BCV first launches www.bcv.ch.
BCV merges with Crédit Foncier Vaudois, which two years earlier had merged with Caisse d’Épargne et de Crédit.
BCV’s Administrative Center opens in the spring. It houses the Bank's IT and admin functions, the training center for cantonal banks in French- and Italian-speaking Switzerland and the Bank’s trading room – one of the largest in French-speaking Switzerland.
BCV acquires Banque Vaudoise de Crédit.
BCV introduces a decentralized organizational structure with regional headquarters to oversee the offices and branches of each region (the Renens regional headquarters is shown).
BCV has 43 branch offices.
The Bank's admin departments move into the Beau-Séjour extension on the south side of the main building.
The end of the Second World War marks the start of a phase of rapid growth at BCV. The Bank has 27 branches spread over the canton and begins building an extension on its main building.
From 1845 to 1945
BCV takes over several regional banks in liquidation and expands its footprint in Vaud.
BCV opens a new head office at 14 Place St-François in Lausanne.
A mere seven years after its founding, BCV moves into a stately building at 25 Rue Saint-Pierre. This time the Bank decides to buy the property rather than to rent it.
BCV opens its doors on 21 July and is led by Adolphe Burnand until 1852. The Bank leases office space at 13 Rue Saint-Pierre in Lausanne, paying CHF 110 francs per month in rent.
In the midst of tough economic conditions, the people of Vaud petition the Cantonal Parliament to create a canton-level banking institution: BCV is born.