- The income you receive on the account is not subject to income tax and is net of Switzerland's withholding tax.
- The money in your account is not subject to wealth tax until you take it out.
- When money is paid out of the account, your initial investment plus interest will be taxed at a reduced rate for cantonal and municipal taxes. You can also claim tax benefits on your direct federal income tax.
- You will not be charged any fees for safe-keeping or for buy and sell transactions.
The Vested Benefits Securities account lets you invest your retirement savings in the capital markets. You can earn attractive long-term returns, although the investment strategy is subject to certain legal constraints.
Note that the value of capital-market investments can go up as well as down, so you should be well informed of the risks before investing.
Depending on your investment horizon and risk appetite, you can choose between two different investment funds (with different levels of exposure to the stock market):
- BCV Pension 25: 25% invested in stocks, with a high proportion in fixed-income instruments
- BCV Pension 40: 40% invested in stocks