Sources of emissions
Our 2020 assessment showed that we emitted 5,549 metric tons of CO2 equivalent. That’s equal to the average annual emissions of 957 people in Switzerland.
That same year, we were awarded the Certified CO2 Neutral label by Swiss Climate.
At BCV, we have long worked to shrink our carbon footprint across our operations:
- We are continuing to renovate our buildings to make them more energy efficient.
- We are taking steps to reduce our paper and electricity consumption.
- We consider sustainability criteria when choosing our suppliers.
- We offset the greenhouse gas emissions from our operations by financing carbon reduction and sequestration projects with Swiss Climate.
- We promote energy-efficient real estate through the loans we grant.
- We are accelerating our efforts in the area of socially responsible investing (SRI).
Our achievements have been recognized by CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project), an organization that analyzes the environmental impact of over 9,000 companies around the world.
In 2020, CDP gave us a rating of A-, which is the second highest of eight grades and an improvement on our 2019 score. It also puts us in the leadership category and places us first among Swiss cantonal banks.
which assesses companies' environmental
impact and disclosure practices
Our Sustainability Report details how we have embedded sustainable development into our Bank’s activities and offers a broad, transparent view of what we are doing to fulfill our commitments. It has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards, the worldwide reference for reporting on sustainable development issues.
Grösse : 5.00 MB - Zuletzt geändert : 18.5.2021