Issuing QR bills
Companies have been able to issue QR bills since 30 June 2020. This billing format is more secure and easier to manage, meaning you can handle more of the billing function on your own.
QR bills can be issued three different ways:
1) If you currently use orange (BVR) payment slips, your QR slips will contain your QR-IBAN and QR reference information.
If you don’t yet have a BVR number or if you haven’t received your new QR-IBAN, please contact your BCV advisor.
Account numbers must be in IBAN format.
3) If you usually include a SCOR reference number on your bills, your QR slips will contain both your IBAN and SCOR.
The new QR bills are designed to meet the Swiss payment standards criteria.
With the new QR bills, you can manage billing on your own – no need to order preprinted payment slips. You can print your bills easily in black-and-white on white perforated paper.
- You can print QR bills on your own perforated, white paper – no need to order preprinted payment slips
- You can generate QR bills easily with your accounting software (but check that it’s been updated)
- QR bills can be generated in CHF or EUR
- You can add additional information to your QR bills, such as your company’s registration number or a reference number for each bill, making it easier to streamline your accounting process
- Because QR codes contain more detailed information and use only IBAN account numbers, they’re more secure than other payment methods
Companies have been able to issue QR bills since 30 June 2020. To transition over to the new format, there are some preliminary steps you should take:
If you use billing and accounting software
- Contact the software developer(s) to update your software so that you can generate QR bills and process the data contained in QR codes.
If you have a BVR number for generating orange payment slips
- Your QR-IBAN replaces your BVR number. Enter your new QR-IBAN in your billing software. If you haven’t yet received your QR-IBAN, please contact your BCV advisor.
If you order preprinted payment slips or print them yourself
- Order perforated A4 paper from a printer or your software developer so that you can generate your own QR bills.
If you receive customer payment files that you use to automate your accounting processes
- Make sure your software can process payment files in the CAMT format and update your BCV-net settings so that you can download these files. The CAMT files will replace v11 files.
If you don’t already use billing software
- There are various software programs available in the market for generating QR bills.
If you don’t yet issue bills
- Contact your BCV advisor for a QR-IBAN so that you can generate QR bills. If you send bills only occasionally, you can bill using only your IBAN.