QR bills have been in use in Switzerland since 30 June 2020.
These bills, which are ISO 20022 compliant, streamline the entire payment process.
Main advantages of QR bills
- They will replace both the red and orange payment slips
- They contain all payment details in a single QR code
- All account numbers are in IBAN or QR-IBAN format
- Payments can be made in CHF and EUR
- They can be read with your smartphone or an optical reader
- They are more secure and easier to use for companies issuing and paying bills
Companies have been able to issue QR bills since 30 June 2020.