Buying a house is an important step that should be considered carefully. Your BCV advisor will help you every step of the way, including working out your budget and getting your downpayment together. In Switzerland, mortgage loans generally cover 80% of the total value of the property, so you need to provide the remaining 20% yourself in the form of a downpayment. Besides cash, you can use your Swiss company and private pension assets to finance the downpayment.
In Switzerland, property financing arrangements generally comprise a first mortgage covering 65% of the value of the property, and a second mortgage covering 15%. The second mortgage must be paid back first, within the term specified in the loan offer.
Your advisor can explain the advantages and disadvantages of owning your own home in Switzerland and, should you decide to buy, develop the best mortgage solution for you.